Full lives and lack of focus can be the culprits that allow us to take for granted all of the amazing things our body does for us. Here are some of the statistics:
- You produce roughly 2.5 million new red blood cells each second.
- The average reader’s brain processes about 300 words per minute.
- Your heart beats roughly 100,000 times per day.
- The human eye can differentiate approximately 10 million colors.
- Your lungs can take in more than 3000 gallons of air daily.
- Your thighbone can support 30 times your body weight.
- You use as many as 200 muscles to take a single step.
- The human body is estimated to have 60,000 miles of blood vessels.
- Every day an adult body produces 300 billion new cells.
These are astonishing facts. And all of this happens as we move through our days with little to no awareness of these multiple miracles that our bodies perform with no prompting. I invite you to thank your body. Be grateful for the amazing machine that is in constant renewal for your benefit each and every minute of each and every day.