I read about Amberley Snyder in Cowgirl Magazine in April of 2016. The introductory line of the article said, “Amberley Snyder is a badass barrel racer who is also paralyzed from the waist down.” As I continued to read the article I was inspired by Amberley’s story of triumph over tragedy and I liked her spunky attitude about getting back in the saddle after a life-changing truck accident.
The Badass Warrior Podcast series was high on my list of things to create and Amberley’s story put that task into overdrive. A little over a year later I was thrilled to sit down with Amberley and learn more about her, her family, and what she felt made her a badass. You will be inspired by her story, so find a comfortable spot and sit down and listen to this young woman talk about her life and love of horses. And, when you think you are having a bad day, listen to this podcast again.
Amberley Snyder take-aways
- 6:26 First big rodeo win
- 7:57 A life-changing day
- 10:02 Getting back in the saddle
- 11:14 Nothing in my life was going to be the same again
- 12:59 Sell my horses, I’m done
- 15:56 Back on my horse and better than ever
- 21:56 My FFA State Convention Speech
- 23:00 I was living my speech
- 23:50 My speech saved a life
- 25:40 No one had ever asked me this question
- 28:14 How I got to participate in the American
- 30:15 What riding in