Body Scan of Appreciation
When is the last time you said thank you to your body? I invite you to do a body scan of appreciation. How do you do it? Well, start at your toes, move to your feet then up your legs to your hips move on to your waist, fingers, hands and arms and say thank you. From there go to your rib cage, back, chest, and shoulders and once again, say thank you. Then move up your neck, face, and to the top of your head and appreciate every inch of you. Oh, and then there is the 60,000 miles of blood vessels that run throughout your body, the 115,200 times a day your heart beats, the 23,040 breaths you take each day, and the 37.2 trillion cells that compose your body. This amazing infrastructure works tirelessly for you each day with beautiful collaboration and communication. And, have you ever thought about how you don’t have to do anything for all these systems to operate as they are supposed to on your behalf?
Take Care of Yourself
Since your body works so hard for you, the least you can do is take good care of yourself. Be mindful of your nutrition. Get the exercise and sleep that you need for your body to function efficiently. And, think good thoughts. You design your life by the way you think. If you think good thoughts you will have good feelings. I suggest a monthly body scan of appreciation. Do it.
We get so wrapped up in our days and routines that we often forget to stop and appreciate others. We can take the service that people provide us for granted. Today is all about appreciation. In order to appreciate someone or something, you have to be present. So wherever you are today and whoever you are with, be completely there with them. No phones, no iPads, no distractions. Just you and them.
Acts of Appreciation
Here are a few things you can do to show others appreciation:
- Tape “Thank You” to the outside of your trash cans so the trash person feels appreciation when they pick up your trash.
- Ask the checkout person at the stores you shop at what their name is and then thank them for helping you using their name.
- As a family, go around the table and take turns telling each other what you appreciate about them.
- Send someone you love flowers, just because.
- Make a friend their favorite meal.
- Write an appreciation note and send it.
- Donate your used books, clothes, and household items you no longer use.
- Call someone you know who is in a rough patch and let them know you appreciate them.
- Open a door for someone.
- Look people in the eyes and say hello.
Stay true and be you —
Annie Create a Life You Love
Participate in the Online Edition of Lines In