Home Forums Relationships I’ve been married for 22 years. My husband and I recently had our last child move off to college, and it’s now just the two of us at home. He has started to withdraw emotionally a bit. Given that this is a very new territory for us, what can we do to begin to grow as just a couple again? Feeling stuck.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keymaster
    • Annie

Oh, you are not stuck. You have an amazing opportunity to embark on an adventure of rediscovery. I suggest that you start dating again. Reconnect with each other. Sit down and talk about your values and the things that you want to do individually and as a couple now that you have some newfound freedom. Remember what attracted you to each other in the first place. You now have a chance to deepen your relationship and reinvent how you want to live as a couple moving forward. This is a time to be honest with each other and clearly communicate what your desires are for this new evolution of your marriage. Instead of feeling stuck, get excited and create a relationship that supports each of your wants and needs.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.